Vacancy – Auto Electrician Needed
4×4 FNQ require an Auto Electrician to support the general automotive team and the front sales team with a focus on: working with customers to identify required works, scheduling those works with the automotive team, repairing damaged or faulty vehicle electrical parts, ordering new parts, installing new systems and equipment, and carrying out routine maintenance.
- Installing new vehicle wiring systems,
- Diagnosis and repair to petrol and diesel engine management systems
- Scan tool diagnosis and reporting
- Accessory fitting
- Gathering information from customers about issues with their electrical system and general mechanical faults
- Diagnosing electrical issues and proposing a course of action
- Working with the sales team to provide customers with estimated time and cost for repairs
- Repairing and replacing faulty wiring or electrical systems
- Ordering new parts
- Keeping up to date with market changes
- Servicing of electrical automotive parts
- Completing job reports and processing paperwork
Applicants must have:
- Ability to operate electrical diagnostic equipment
- Strong understanding of automotive Health and Safety
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding and ability to provide general mechanical diagnosis and repairs in the automotive industry.
The preferred applicant will hold a high school diploma (or equivalent), an auto electrical qualification and have proven work experience as an auto electrician.